Expanding and busy ophthalmology referral clinic seeks Veterinary Ophthalmologist.
Who are we looking for?
An experienced ophthalmologist is sought to join our expanding team of clinicians. A Diploma level qualification is preferred but we would also welcome an RCVS Certificate holder or RCVS Advanced Practitioner with substantial clinical and surgical experience. As a flexible employer, we are happy to look at full-time or part-time hours. You will of course be dedicated to providing the best possible service to our patients and their owners. You should be able to carry out standard ophthalmic examination & diagnostic procedures and be able to manage a range of both medical and surgical cases independently. A commitment to teamwork, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a passion for ophthalmology are all essential. This is an ideal opportunity for someone to lead and manage their own clinical caseload.
What makes us unique?
Now in our twelfth year of business, we are expanding to take on a veterinary ophthalmologist to join our team who will bring their own professionalism and enthusiasm to contribute to our continued success and growth.
We take ophthalmology referrals from throughout Kent and further afield.
We are a Diplomate-led, independent ophthalmology referral practice with a clear focus on providing exceptional clinical and client care.
We provide the opportunity for you to take full ownership of cases and really get to know our clients as well as offering you a very friendly working environment.
What can we offer?
- The opportunity to work alongside an experienced Diplomate
- Significant potential to build your case load
- A very busy and expanding medical and surgical caseload
- A full range of ophthalmic equipment including Zeiss Opmi Visu 200 operating microscope with Prescott’s zoom video link-up, White Star Signature phaco machine, Iridex diode laser, electroretinography, Keeler cryosurgery unit, Corneal Cross Linking, etc
- Support from our specifically trained and highly experienced team of nurses
- Strong support from our administrative team
- Opportunities to build a teaching role in our CPD programme if wished
- A beautiful rural clinic location, but just 10 minutes from Canterbury and HS1
- Excellent local amenities, schools and leisure activities – we are one hour from London or two hours from Paris!
- A competitive salary (to be negotiated), a generous CPD allowance
How to apply
Working patterns will be discussed with applicants as there is some degree of flexibility available.
Applicants are equally welcome from those seeking full-time or part-time employment.
Please contact Rebecca Elks for an informal chat on 01303 840499 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you share our commitment to clinical excellence and high-quality client care, we would love to hear from you. If you are interested in joining us, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you are interested in this role.