Our Veterinary Ophthalmology Internship Program is designed to provide a solid foundation in managing ophthalmology inpatients and performing comprehensive ophthalmic consultations. As an intern, you will work closely with our experienced team of veterinary ophthalmologists, gaining hands-on experience in diagnosing and treating a variety of ocular conditions in companion animals.
Skills and experiences to gain during the internship include but are not limited to:
– Assisting in the management of ophthalmology inpatients, including pre- and post-operative care.
– Conducting thorough ophthalmic examinations, including slit-lamp biomicroscopy, indirect ophthalmoscopy, tonometry, and gonioscopy.
-Gaining experience in ocular ultrasound, electroretinography and computed tomography.
-Observing surgical procedures, including cataract extraction, corneal grafting, and eyelid reconstruction.
-Assessing and presenting recent publications at weekly journal club sessions.
– Mentorship from veterinary ophthalmologists.
– Exposure to a diverse caseload of ophthalmic conditions.
– Access to state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and surgical facilities.
– Opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
– Opportunities for scientific publication.
Email David Nutbrown-Hughes (davidnutbrown-hughes@