Expanding and busy ophthalmology referral clinic seeking a junior Veterinary Ophthalmologist.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a junior ophthalmologist with a solid grounding in general medicine and surgery with a keen interest in ophthalmology who wishes to obtain further training under the direction of an established Diplomate. Over time, the trainee will be encouraged to work independently under supervision and with the full support of the team. The trainee will work towards autonomous case management, with directed surgical training in advanced microsurgical, corneal and adnexal surgery as appropriate, alongside participation in the on-call rota with appropriate backup as required. High levels of communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
What makes us unique?
Now in our twelfth year of business, we are expanding to take on another member of the veterinary ophthalmology team who will bring their own professionalism and enthusiasm to contribute to our continued success and growth.
We are an independent dedicated ophthalmology referral practice, enabling us to focus on providing exceptional clinical and client care.
We take ophthalmology referrals from throughout Kent and further afield.
We offer the opportunity to take full ownership of cases and really get to know our clients while being fully supported by our experienced team of vets and nurses. Most of our work is with small animals and we have a very busy and expanding medical and surgical caseload.
What can we offer?
- The opportunity to work alongside a highly experienced Diplomate
- A full range of ophthalmic equipment including Zeiss Opmi Visu 200 operating microscope with Prescott’s zoom video link-up, White Star Signature phaco machine, Iridex diode laser, electroretinography, Keeler cryosurgery unit, Corneal Cross Linking, etc
- Support from our specifically trained and highly experienced nursing team
- Strong support from our administrative team
- A friendly working environment
- A beautiful rural location, but just 10 minutes from Canterbury and HS1
- Excellent local amenities, schools and leisure activities – we are one hour from London or two hours from Paris!
- A competitive salary (to be negotiated), a generous CPD allowance
How to apply
Working patterns will be discussed with applicants as there is some degree of flexibility available. Applicants are equally welcome from those seeking full-time or part-time employment.
Please contact Rebecca Elks for an informal chat on 01303 840499 or via email@example.com.
If you share our commitment to clinical excellence and high-quality client care, we would love to hear from you. If you are interested in joining us, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are interested in this training role.