Be part of one of the UKs leading small animal referral centres!
Applications are invited for Willows’ World leading three-year ECVO conforming Ophthalmology Residency, commencing in January 2022. As a Resident you will be working as part of Willows’ team of three Ophthalmologists, including two Board-Certified Specialists, and one experienced Ophthalmology Clinician.
Joining one of the UKs largest and most established referral centres you will be working alongside our World leading multi-disciplinary team including Orthopaedics, Internal Medicine, Soft Tissue Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, Anaesthesia, Emergency and Critical Care, Dermatology, Neurology, Cardiology, Oncology and Physiotherapy. Our hospital facilities are of the highest quality, and include on-site Siemens 64-slice CT, GE 1.5T MRI and advanced electrodiagnostic facilities as well as an extensive range of surgical equipment.
Providing the best possible training Willows’ Ophthalmology residency has evolved to be of the highest quality, offering a rigorous program with strong academic and didactic elements as well as access to a busy and varied caseload.
With approximately 200 personnel, including almost 60 Veterinary Surgeons our philosophy is very much one of friendly co-operation between all members of the team with a collaborative culture between clinicians working across every specialism, creating a supportive and good-humoured atmosphere.
Benefits of a Willows Ophthalmology Residency:
- Direct, individual supervision from our team of two ECVO Diplomate/Residency-trained clinicians
- A structured rota ensures a level of supervision matched by few other residency programmes
- In addition to daily morning inpatient rounds, the supervisor and resident will participate in daily didactic rounds
- Generous time-off clinics for private study, external rotations, and research projects
- Weekly journal club
- Superb facilities including GE high field MRI, state of the art Siemens 64 slice CT, purpose-built ICU, ultrasonography, electrodiagnostic equipment, a Carl Zeiss operating microscope, WhiteStar Signature Phacoemulsification System, and an extensive range of other surgical equipment
- An outstanding team of clinical support staff including two dedicated ophthalmology nurses and a veterinary care assistance
- Supervised responsibility for a large and varied caseload
- Contribution to our active research program through clinical research projects
- In addition to day-to-day clinical duties, you will also participate in an out of hours on-call rota for ophthalmological emergencies
- Progress will be reviewed after three and six months, and then every six months thereafter
What we are looking for:
- A dynamic, ambitious individual to join our World leading Ophthalmology team
- A passion and drive to provide the best possible level of care for clients, their pets and our referring Veterinary Surgeons
- A thirst for knowledge and an ambition to represent Willows at the forefront of clinical research
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure in our busy multidisciplinary hospital
- You must have completed a one-year rotating internship and three years clinical practice by the start of the residency
- You must be a qualified Veterinary Surgeon and eligible for full membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Birthday leave
- Structured in-house teaching, supervision and support
- Professional membership fees
- Generous CPD allowance
- Wellbeing and Employee Assist programme
- Access to our well-being and relaxation suite
- End of the month Treat Day
- Fresh free fruit offered to all staff
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unbeatable learning environment
- Stunning state-of-the-art purpose-built facilities
Centrally located, Willows is within easy reach from Birmingham, Birmingham International Airport, London, and the national rail and motorway networks, and only a short drive away from historic Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick and the beautiful Warwickshire and Oxfordshire countryside.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th September 2021. Interviews for the positions will be held on Wednesday 22nd September 2021.
Find out more…..
If you would like to find out more about the Ophthalmology Residency please contact Samuela Mazzucchelli, Specialist in Ophthalmology: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rodrigo Pinheiro de Lacerda, Head of Ophthalmology: Rodrigo.email@example.com, or call 0121 712 7070.
To apply for the position please provide a covering letter of intent and your current CV to Tinderjit Khatkar: firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to:
Willows Veterinary Centre and Referral Service